It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to the forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: For the new guy needs twc 2015 help
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:40 pm 

New member here and appreciate any insight. I think I have derby fever worse this year than any year of my life. I live in Louisville and here derby week is like spring break for grown adults. The whole town seems s
To slow Dow if not stop.

I have been playing the preps that started in jan. I am having above average win hits but not so much in the exotics. I have never used the BB before and am curious how it has fared this year and how big the learning curve is going to be. Any response will be gratefully appreciated

Post subject: Re: For the new guy needs twc 2015 help
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:35 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to the forum!

I haven't tallied he preps this year, but most of them are posted in the "Selections" section of the forum, starting with the "Jerome".

Regarding the Black Box, you will find the learning curve is far flatter than other handicapping programs. The beauty of the program is in the "testing". We have 11 primary rankings methods that can all be tested against previous cards, all at one time, each method having it's own record keeping sheet, listing races played, number of plays, hit rates, ROIs, and $2 flat bet profit/loss.

By testing tracks against previous cards you can easily see which rankings methods do well at each track. The database is automatically updated as you record new races.

AllDataExcel's YouTube channel (click the "Videos" tab): https://www.youtube.com/user/AllDataExcel/about

Post subject: Re: For the new guy needs twc 2015 help
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:31 pm 

Thanks ray. I guess I didn't see the selections.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]